Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
Main purpose of role:
Protect and enhance the reputation of Petrofac through Communications and Marketing strategy, plans and activities. Drive the creation of imaginative, impactful multi-channel communications and content for internal and external audiences.
- Taking an active role in the development of Petrofac’s communications and marketing strategy, implementation of plans and global channel development with a ‘digital-first’ mindset
- Seek out and drive impactful storytelling, creating written content and material that brings our priorities and growth story to life
- Drive delivery of a robust external relations service which protects and enhances the company’s reputation. Includes responsibility for emergency response preparedness
- Translate our purpose, values and wider priorities into inspiring internal communications campaigns and materials that educate and engage our people
- Supporting business development to drive the development of content and collateral including case studies, bid material and associated tools
- Working collaboratively with our Support Services team to drive planning and project management of events and exhibitions
- Lead relationships with agencies and other third parties, championing consistency and proper implementation of the Petrofac brand
- Day-to-day project cost management and administration
- Build a strong network with colleagues across all businesses, functions and regions
- Providing line management (as appropriate), direction, mentoring and guidance to other team members
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Communications, marketing, journalism qualification
- Proven B2B communications and marketing track record, ideally with energy sector experience
- Solid, up-to-date awareness of energy industry themes and challenges and associated experience
- Experience and robust understanding of the in-house communications environment, including emergency response and crisis management
- Media relations experience, and a strong up-to-date network of media/journalist contacts
- Understanding of publicly quoted environment and UK company listing requirements
- Strong attention to detail with impeccable writing and editing skills proven across a variety of formats and media is essential for the role
- Curious mindset, journalistic approach and a real appetite for finding and telling great stories across all media types
- Ability to take complex, technical topics and turn them into meaningful, persuasive content
- A resilient self-starter, exceptional people skills, good relationship builder and influencer with strong oral communication skills
- Highly tuned judgement, ability to spot potential challenges before they arise and advise stakeholders
- Highly organised with exceptional project management skills, able to prioritise a varied and demanding workload in a fast-paced environment
- Solid IT and digital communications skills
- A keen interest in design and visual media